Sunday, May 30, 2010

In the Nick of... What Time is It?


I had a hot date last night. My Mac and I reclined in bed and caught up on all the Glee episodes we'd missed. How I love that show!!! Never thought of 'bluffing with my muffin' as something a mother would sing caressingly to her daughter, but it worked. Brilliant. I could go on and on about the genius of this show but I won't. The real interesting part of last evening was what happened after Glee, when I was still up playing with my Mac. I have yet to get a full night's sleep since the Mac arrived... that should tell you something. [Editor's note: January is on warning for Mac Overuse. If she goes further with her addictive behaviors she will be forced to attend Mac Rehab, a dark and crowded in-patient rehabilitation facility where patients are required to sit at a PC all day creating charts in Excel.] Anywho, just after midnight a text arrived on my phone. Who should be texting me at that hour? Nick. Mr. "I'm Not in the Place to Be in a Relationship Right Now". He started with an innocuous inquiry as to my well-being and over numerous texts progressed the conversation to the timeless and too-cliché-to-be-bad "what are you wearing?" Now, by this point, I was drifting in and out of consciousness, having already turned off the light and closed my eyes for the night. But I couldn't resist engaging him. I mean, it's been almost two months. I'm curious. Wouldn't you be? Here's the rest of the exchange:

Nick: "what are u wearing?"
January: "nightie. u?"
Nick: "nakey"
January: "home already or just keeping things interesting at the bar?"
Nick: "home. let's trade undies"
January: "that's random. and i'm in bed sans undies so ur SOL."
Nick: "apparently"
January: "nightie nite."

Two months with no word from this cat and last night he came prowling... It felt nice to be thought of, to be desired. I won't lie! But really, given the way things went last time, Mr. Nick stands a snowball's chance in hell of 1) coming over for a booty call and/or 2) me going over there for a booty call. So booty calls are out. See my recent post on this topic.

Today I was tempted to text him something sassy but then I thought how great this is, being on this side of things. The desired versus the desiring. And besides, Mr. Chambers is still very much in the picture. What that picture is is completely and totally unclear to me [insert laughter: here]. But there is still a picture and I respect that.

Plus John is coming over. Speaking of which - I'd better go before I run out of time. Still have to pull myself together a bit. Sweatpants do not a fetching January make ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment