Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rise and Shine!

Brace yourself. I know this is going to seem implausible. But it's finally happened: I've reached the end of the internet. How could this happen, you might say? Isn't there an endless stream of new websites being created and set live everyday? Well perhaps there is. But this morning after starting in Hotmail, checking in with CNN and Google News, reading up on peoples' morning on Facebook and surfing for laptop bags on Overstock and Amazon, I hit the end. There was nothing of interest to me on the screen. Nothing. I found myself staring at my laptop wishing miniature Mickey Mouses would creep out of my keyboard and start to do their very own re-envisioned pas de deux homage to Steamboat Willie. 'Dance, little mouse, dance', I'd say. But no one climbed out from between the keys and I'm left thinking that only a drug induced hallucination (or perhaps an overdose of multi-vitamins, at this hour) would bring about my dancing Mickeys. And the internet, so often my friend and confidante, just didn't do it for me anymore.

I think it's time to get out of bed. Maybe later in the day the internet will have something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment